Some friends came round recently and I served them one of my favorite dips with some poppadoms. Mary asked for the recipe of the dip, so rather than just send it to her, I thought I’d share it here. Its a quick easy recipe that makes a creamy dip from basically blended carrots, cashew nuts and spices. Let me know if you give it a try. Everyone who has tried it, loves it.
- 1 cup carrots, cut into disks
- 1/3 cup raw cashew nuts
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground fennel
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- Optional garnish - chopped chives or sprinkle of seeds
- Blend all the ingredients together in a blender until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as required.
- Refrigerate until use.
- By adding more water to this dip, it can then be used as a salad dressing too.
tsp = teaspoon