I love this fast two ingredient dairy free yogurt recipe. Its taken a few iterations to get it right and so fast. I was using 3 ingredients and taking more time, but I credit the Healthy Librarian for getting it down to two ingredients and two minutes of effort!
The secret is in using exactly these two ingredients. If you use alternates, it won’t be so thick and yummy.
You can get the yogurt starter here
- 32oz Eden Organic Unsweetened Soy Milk
- 1 packet Vegan yogurt starter culture (Cultures for health)
- Without a yogurt maker, pour the full carton of soy milk into a glass jar and whisk in the vegan culture starter. Place the lid on and put in an oven with just the light switched on, for 12-14 hours. The heat from the light bulb will be sufficient to activate the culture. After 12-14 hours - depending on how sour you like your yoghurt, remove the jar and place in the fridge overnight. The yogurt will be thick and creamy ready for breakfast.
- If you have a yogurt maker, follow the directions for that. No need to heat the milk beforehand.
- I start a new batch in the morning at 8am, it comes out of the oven at 10pm, then goes in the fridge overnight ready for breakfast the next morning.